Our History

1816

The first reference to cider-making by John Shepson, whose will shows he changed his name to Sheppy, and the name began

1845

John (II) and Deborah Sheppy took on Iwood Farm where ancient cider apple trees still stand today

1917

James and Stanley Sheppy moved to Three Bridges Farm

1927

Richard James Sheppy was born

1930

An orchard was planted to mark Richard's birth (now the Organic Orchard)

1932

Stanley Sheppy won the Brewer's Exhibition Gold Medal

1941

Cider-making ceased for the War Effort

1950

Richard Sheppy began serious cider-making again after winning a prize at the Bath and West Show

1966

David James Sheppy was born

1978

Richard and Mary Sheppy created the Rural Life Museum and Tea Room for visitors

1998

David took control of the business when Richard retired.

2014

All new cider production facilities were completed on the farm

2016

Sheppy’s bicentenary year will be celebrated with events and special new ciders